Time to grind. Let's have some fun.

 


Before I continue, if you want to know what NaNoWriMo is - like the history and purpose of the event and organization - go here. Thanks.

Today's the day I make the final push to achieve life-long goal...write a novel.

Notice, I didn't say publish a novel.

I don't know if I'm going to publish the novel I started writing this year. I'm not sure it's good enough, or if there's a market for it, or if I even want to be associated with the type of novel it is - what Book-Threads calls "spicy" and what publishers call "erotica" and what middle America calls "smut."

You see what the problem could be, right?

(I'm probably going to publish the "spicy" novel. If I do, it'll be under a pen name.)

Anyway, I'll keep my progress throughout the month updated nightly on Threads.

My NaNoWriMo goals:

  • 2,000 words per day/60,000 words over 30 days
  • finish untitled "spicy" romance novel (50-55K words)
  • begin untitled action "romantasy" novel (5K words)

As to the first project, I have a little under 50K words already down and I figure I'm ~1/2 to 2/3rds of the way through. I have a very basic outline and I'm actively working to not pre-edit/pre-revise as I write it. Editing/revising needs to wait until next month.

The second project is an idea at best. I've written a three paragraph concept blurb in my journal. I tried to explain it Saturday night - while buzzed - to my wife. She didn't hate it. And that's it. That's all I've done with it. Scary and exciting at the same time.

I would love to get out of what I'm doing now, working for "the man," and write full-time...and perhaps I will someday...but now it's grind-time.

Oh, and if you're a fellow November Novel-Writer and want to be an accountability buddy with me, you can find my NaNoWriMo profile here.

Have fun out there, author-friends.

Comments

Popular Posts